25 Best Rated CBD Oils in 2023 With Customer Reviews
Finding the best CBD oils in the market doesn’t have to be difficult, especially if you take into consideration the experiences of people who have tried them before. Here MiisterCBD will give you an overview of the best rated CBD oil and the top options available according to customers.
25 Best Rated CBD Oils with Customer reviews analyzed
One of the biggest tellers of whether a CBD oil is good or not is the feedback given by previous customers. With this in mind, we have selected the top-rated CBD oils in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, and found independent company reviews to give you the list below:
1. CBDfx: CBD + CBG Oil Wellness Tincture
With a 4.9 stars rating, this is one of the best CBD oils available in the market. You can select the CBD bottle potency between 500mg and 6000mg. With a perfect blend of CBD and CBG, this oil tincture includes curcumin and coenzyme Q10 to give you a range of health benefits.
- Good range of potency
- Higher potencies are quite pricey
2. Pure Spectrum: Cannabidiol Oil
Pure Spectrum is a renowned brand when it comes to CBD products, and it offers four CBD oils which range between 250mg and 2500mg CBD. This product is free from THC and made with non-GMO organically grown hemp. Customers rate this product at 5 stars, and you can have access to the test results issued by third-party laboratories.
- Subscription option lets you save 10%
- Limited potency
3. NuLeaf Naturals CBD oil
Those looking for full-spectrum options will be glad to explore the numerous phytocannabinoid oil varieties available at NuLeaf. This brand counts with thousands of positive reviews, averaging 4.9 stars. The oils are made with organically grown hemp and oils extracted via the CO2 and green extraction methods.
- ISO certified facility
- Only one CBD oil available
4. CBDistillery: Full Spectrum CBD Oil tincture
Variety is the best word to describe the CBD oils available at CBDistillery. With more than 7 options to choose from, these products are rated 4.5 and 5 stars, which attest to the quality the brand offers. The potency varies between 500mg and 5000mg, which allows you to select one that matches your needs.
- Good quality-price ratio
- No negative aspects
5. Medterra: MCT CBD Oil tincture (THC free)
Medterra's CBD oil is made in the USA from organically grown hemp that is THC-free. The product counts with 99.6% CBD and comes in three options: 500mg, 1000mg, and 3000mg. With over 2500 reviews, this is one of the best CBD isolate oils in the market for those who need aid to sleep.
Incredible feedback from customers
- Might not be affordable to everyone
7. Endoca: Raw Hemp CBD Oil
Endoca is a world-renowned brand, and the same happens with its Raw Hemp CBD oils. The potencies range between 30mg and 150mg and are made with full-spectrum CBD which also contains omega 3, vitamin D and E, and terpenes. All three oils count with thousands of reviews deeming them “excellent”.
- Vegan and GMO-free
- Deliveries may take long
8. Charlotte’s Web Original Formula CBD Oil
Charlotte's Web is one of the biggest brands in the world, and its Original Formula CBD Oil is possibly one of the most popular oils in the industry. This product comes with 50mg CBD and is made from organically grown hemp. It has hundreds of reviews that state it's very effective for sleep deprivation.
- Hemp Authority Certified
- Above-average price
9. Naturecan: Broad Spectrum CBD Oil
With potencies ranging between 5% and 40% CBD, the broad-spectrum CBD oils from Naturecan are plenty. You can select options with added Turmeric, or even from the several options for small and large pets. This brand is recommended by 91% of its customers, which praise the quality of the products and service alike.
- Good variety of oils
- Some options are quite expensive
10. Nordic Oil: High-Quality CBD Oil
Nordic Oil offers four options of CBD oil, ranging between 500mg and 2000mg. All the products are vegan and made from organically grown hemp. These oils are made with full-spectrum CBD extracted via CO2. The brand is rated 4.8 stars on Trustpilot, with customers expressing the high-quality of the products.
- Fairly priced products
- Delivery times might take long
What is the best organic CBD oil?
Opting for organic CBD oils ensures that you’re not ingesting harmful pesticides nor toxins, but also guarantees that you’re making an environmentally-friendly choice. There are plenty of aspects to consider when it comes to selecting the best organic CBD oil, however, the customers have spoken and their selection is:
Joy Organics USDA Certified CBD Oil tincture
Joy Organics formulated six CBD oil tinctures that are USDA approved, and that means a lot! These oils are available in full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD and can be bought unflavoured or with lemon or orange aromas. Customers praise the high quality of the products and the overall service provided by the customer support team.
- PRO: Good variety of products and flavours
- CON: Products can be pricey
How did we pick these oils and brands?
Our goal is to provide our readers with comprehensive and detailed overviews of the best CBD products available online. To do so, we research and compile information about the brands and their products, based on:
- Whether the hemp extracts are subject to third party testing;
- Quality of the overall services provided by the company;
- The user experience of the website and online shopping;
- Professionalism and efficiency of the customer support service;
- Transparency of the information released by the company about the production and testing methods;
- Reputation amongst previous customers and their feedback;
- The ratio between quality and price;
- Variety of CBD potency.
Depending on the product or brand, other criteria may be used to evaluate their quality.
How can you choose a high-quality CBD oil?
You may have already noticed, but there is a large number of different CBD oils on the market. As a result, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to choose the product you really need and the one that will offer you the best results.
Therefore, there are several points to consider before making your purchase. Below we will give you an overview of some topics to consider before choosing your CBD oil.
Find the right dosage/potency
Whether you want to use dropper vials or CBD oil capsules, you’ll need to know the CBD content (or potency) of the product. This is a very important factor that can make or break your experience with CBD, as the potency of the product will directly impact the effects you may feel.
You’ll find a large number of items where the CBD dosage is announced in milligrams, however, it’s also possible to find some manufacturers that indicate the cannabidiol concentration in percentages (For example: CBD oil 5%, CBD oil 10%, CBD oil 20%, CBD oil 30%).
It’s often recommended that beginners start using CBD oil with a low concentration of CBD. By starting your CBD journey with a low-potency CBD oil, you can slowly increase the dosage over time, especially if at first you don’t feel the desired effects. It should also be noted that products with higher potencies of CBD are generally more expensive. Regardless, you can also expect a much better price-quality ratio with these products.
Before buying any type of CBD oil, it’s recommended that you consult your doctor for advice on the ideal therapeutic dosage for your individual needs.
According to the type of CBD used
In case you’ve never used a CBD oil before, you may be unaware that there are actually three different types of oils, each with its own composition and associated benefits:
- CBD oil made from isolate: this type of CBD oil is the purest form of CBD, as it doesn’t contain any other cannabinoid nor terpenes. It’s just the CBD and the carrier oil.
- Broad-spectrum CBD oil: this CBD oil is a more complete version of CBD, as it also contains additional cannabinoids, terpenes, fatty acids, omega 3, and other healthy components from the hemp plant. The only cannabinoid that isn’t included in this oil is THC.
- Full-spectrum CBD oil: this product is very similar to a broad-spectrum CBD oil, with the only difference being that it also contains THC. This doesn’t mean that you’ll get high, as legally CBD products can only have trace amounts of THC.
Later in this page, we’ll dive a bit deeper into the benefits of each of these CBD oils.
According to its production
Hemp has been considered a helpful plant when it comes to improving the quality of the soil. With this in mind, it’s recommended that you give preference to CBD oil that has been made from organically and naturally grown hemp. Not only are plants environmentally friendly, but they also don’t contain pesticides nor harmful toxins.
Brands pride themselves in following organic production methods and often share this information on the website along with an organic label certificate.
Another important aspect to consider when analyzing the production method of CBD oil is the extraction method that was used. Extracts that were obtained through the supercritical CO2 method are often purer and have fewer chances of being harmful. Oppositely, please try to stay away from oils that were extracted through a chemical solvent process. Although rare, chemical residues may remain in the final product.
Hemp oil or CBD oil, what are the differences?
Some people might believe that hemp oil and CBD oil are the same. After all, they’re both made from the hemp plant, right?
The truth is that these two oils have nothing in common:
- CBD oil is made by extracting cannabidiol from hemp flowers, leaves, or stalks and mixing it with a carrier oil. This product is used by people across the world as a health supplement due to its potentially healthy properties.
- Hemp oil is made by cold-pressing hemp seeds into an omega-rich culinary oil. You can think of hemp oil as any other vegetable oil, which can be used for stir-fries or as salad seasoning. Although it might not be the tastiest oil in the market, it’s filled with omega fats which are known to improve health.
Even though both types of oil have their own benefits, it’s important to note that hemp oil doesn’t have sufficient amounts of cannabinoids, including CBD.
Full-spectrum, broad-spectrum or isolate, what is the best?
Now that you know the differences between CBD isolate, broad-spectrum, and full-spectrum oils, it's time to understand the pros and cons of each type.
- Isolate: this is one of the most affordable options available in the market, however, you won't benefit from the properties of the other naturally occurring cannabinoids in the hemp plant, nor will you feel the benefits of the entourage effect;
- Broad-spectrum: this product allows you to find the ideal combination of cannabinoids according to your preferences, and you'll still benefit from the entourage effect without having to worry about the THC content. Nevertheless, even if the oil is just missing THC, this can reduce the entourage effect.
- Full-spectrum: oils that are made from whole-plant extracts contain several cannabinoids, terpenes, and nutrients that have their own unique set of benefits. Although you'll benefit from the entourage effect, a full-spectrum product tends to be more expensive than its counterparts, and you might test positive at a drug test due to the presence of THC.
CBG, CBN, CBC, MCT, how is the entourage effect important?
As we mentioned above, the hemp plant contains hundreds of cannabinoids and each has its own unique set of properties. Even though CBD amounts to around 40% of the plants’ profile, plenty other cannabinoids may give you a wellness boost:
- Cannabigerols (CBG);
- Cannabichromenes (CBC);
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC);
- Cannabinol (CBN);
- Cannabinodiol (CBDL);
- Cannabicyclol (CBL);
- Cannabielsoin (CBE);
- Cannabitriol (CBT).
Along with the cannabinoids, the hemp plant also contains terpenes, flavonoids, nutrients, fatty acids, and plenty of other components.
When several of these substances are consumed together the entourage effect happens. According to some studies, the different components of the hemp plant might have stronger and more varied properties if consumed together, as opposed to being taken individually.
Moreover, when it comes to the entourage effect, a little THC goes a long way. This is the reason why full-spectrum CBD oils that contain as little as 0.2% THC tend to have better results than broad-spectrum or CBD isolate oils.
How can you buy CBD oils legally online?
The first step into buying CBD oils online legally is to confirm the legislation on CBD products in your place of residence.
It’s important to ensure that CBD oils are a legal product that can be purchased in your region, and confirm whether you need a medical prescription or if it’s possible to buy them over the counter.
Another crucial aspect is to confirm if importing CBD oils from abroad is legal. This becomes particularly important as in case it’s not, your parcel might be seized at customs.
Once you’ve confirmed that purchasing CBD oil is legal and that you can buy it online, you can follow these steps:
- Find a reputable online shop that is transparent about its production and extraction methods;
- Select the CBD oil that better matches your needs in terms of components and potency;
- Fill in the delivery address with all the necessary information;
- Pay for your order through one of the accepted payment methods;
- Wait for your parcel to arrive and enjoy!
As we mentioned before, you must always consult a doctor before using CBD products. Your doctor knows about your medical history and any prescription drugs you may be taking and will guide you on whether CBD is right for you and what is the ideal potency for your individual situation.
Final thoughts: what to look for in the best CBD oil?
The best CBD oil for you might not be the ideal product for someone else. Nevertheless, it’s possible to name a few aspects that should be taken into consideration when searching for a good quality CBD oil:
- Ensure that you’re buying from a brand that is renowned and transparent about the production and extraction methods;
- Confirm the laboratory test results issued by third parties and confirm the cannabinoid content and concentration;
- Full-spectrum oils contain a wider range of cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and other naturally occurring components that will increase the oil’s properties due to the entourage effect;
- Give preference to CBD oil that is made from organically grown hemp that is free from toxins and pesticides;
- Confirm which carrier oil is used in the production and ensure that you’re not allergic to it;
- Read the product’s reviews from previous customers and see if their experiences match with the benefits you’re looking for;
- Give preference to CBD oil that is made through CO2 or solvent-free extraction methods.
If you follow all of these guidelines, you’ll probably find a high-quality CBD oil that may match your needs. Other aspects that might improve the effects felt include consistency, dosage, and bioavailability of the ingestion method.
Is it legal to buy CBD oil?
The answer to this question varies according to the place in which you reside. Make sure that you always read the legislation on CBD in your region and ensure that if you purchase CBD oil online that it matches the requirements to be considered legal.
Can I buy CBD oil online?
Depending on where you live, buying CBD oil online may or may not be legal. Please learn more about the local legislation on CBD before purchasing any product online. If you live in a country where importing CBD isn’t legal, your parcel may be seized at customs during delivery.
What is the best CBD oil?
The most effective CBD oils tend to be made from organically grown hemp and by using full-spectrum CBD. The combination of the different cannabinoids and other naturally occurring nutrients, terpenes, and flavonoids work together to give you the entourage effect. CBD oil with a high percentage of CBD also tends to have stronger effects.
How to determine the right dosage?
The answer to this question varies, as the right dosage for a person depends on numerous aspects: weight, age, condition… Make sure that you consult your doctor before consuming CBD as they know your medical history and can guide you on whether CBD is right for you and which dosage is better for your situation.
Does CBD oil get me high?
CBD doesn’t have psychoactive properties and therefore won’t make you high. Full-spectrum CBD oils contain trace amounts of THC, which is the cannabinoid responsible for the sensation of being high. Nevertheless, due to the small amount present in these oils, you won’t feel any psychotropic effects.
Do I need a prescription to buy CBD oils?
Certain jurisdictions require a medical prescription to buy CBD oil. Ensure that you confirm what is the legislation on CBD in your place of residence before purchasing CBD products. Also, don’t forget to speak with your doctor about their guidance on whether CBD is right for you.
Is CBD oil good for me?
We recommend that you ask your doctor for advice on whether CBD could be potentially beneficial for your situation and which dosage is recommended. Please note that even though some studies have shown CBD can help in certain conditions, there is still a lot of research to be done.
How to use CBD oil for pain?
CBD oil may potentially be helpful in pain management through oral ingestion or topical application. If your doctor recommends you use CBD for pain management, you can either place a few drops of CBD oil under your tongue or place it directly in the region of your body where you feel pain and massage it into the skin.
Is CBD oil efficient for anxiety?
A study conducted in Brazil has shown that consuming CBD oil may decrease anxiety levels. Likewise, many previous consumers have shared anecdotal evidence that consuming CBD oil regularly has decreased their levels of anxiety and stress, and helped them feel more relaxed. In case you take any medication for anxiety please consult your doctor before using CBD.
Which CBD oil works the best?
Different CBD oils have different effects depending on who takes them. Generally, full-spectrum CBD oils that are made from organically grown hemp tend to have better results. This happens due to the entourage effect that results in the different cannabinoids increasing the properties of each other when being ingested together.
How to preserve and store my CBD oil?
CBD oil is often sold in a glass container. The best way to ensure it keeps its properties during storage is to keep the cap tightly closed and store it in a dark, dry environment, and away from heat. This allows the CBD oil to keep its properties for longer and to remain effective even after opening.
What are the differences between oils and CBD tinctures?
The main difference between CBD oils and CBD tinctures is the substance that carries the cannabidiol. In oils, the carrier is often a vegetable oil such as coconut, jojoba, or olive oil. Tinctures on the other hand use alcohol as a carrier. This allows tinctures to be water-soluble while oils often don’t mix with drinks.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more informations.
Guide about CBD oils written by MiisterCBD™.
Article updated in: .
Reading time: 19 minutes.